Lesli Peterson of 365 Atlanta Family is a huge advocate of day time dates and has put together seven ideas for dates around Atlanta and the styles to wear on them!
Garland Dress (featured left) This is my favorite dress this spring. It’s soft and drapes well. I think wrap dresses are great for most body types – and I feel a little slimmer in it.
I picked the Alston Cardigan to go with it, because sometimes the air conditioning in a restaurant can be crazy high.
Yvette Dress (featured right) Also another dress with super powers, because the stripes and bodice line accentuate your waist and make you look slimmer.
It’s cotton with a little jersey, so it is great for walks in the park or a picnic lunch. The sleeves offer a little more coverage than the Garland dress, so I’m good without a cardigan here.
Easton Dress: This last dress is so pretty, and the polyester blend is sure to keep you cool well into summer. I am saving up for this one still, but this gorgeous picture is from my friend Liza of (a)MusingFoodie. Be sure to follow her for great (and delicious) ideas.
Need suggestions for a day time date experience to wear these cute dresses? We have a few ideas!
- Brunch. Try West Egg Café or Local Three. Bread & Butterfly did not disappoint, either!
- Picnic. Hit the Beltline for a walk. Take a “to-go” lunch from Parish and enjoy the sunshine. For dessert? King of Pops, of course!
- Couples Massage. You don’t have to be a guest of the Mandarin Oriental or Ritz-Carlton in order to leverage the spa. Get a couples massage, enjoy the steam room, and then step our – glowing – in your cute new dress.
- Yoga. Hubby and I started our weekend with a yoga class from Exhale recently. It was brutal (in a good way) and jump started our weekend perfectly.
- Wine Tasting. Head north to wine country for a tour of the vineyards and a few sweet tastes of Georgia’s best.
- Hiking. We love to go hiking together on the trails that are just a little too long for the kids to take. The fresh air, the work out, the time together without devices…it’s heaven.
- Boat Ride. Head up to Chattanooga for a ride on the Southern Belle or the River Gorge. Or, you can try a canoe ride on the Chattahoochee, right here in Atlanta.
Remember Aventura Ambassadors have 60% off discount codes to share. Find Lesli at 365AtlantaFamily.com and let her know that you would like to receive a discount!